Just popping in to wish you all a Happy New Year and I hope that 2011 is a year of creativity and fun for you!
I have been playing with some new stamps over the Christmas break and I wanted to share a card with you today. The card above was stamped with the new Aviary stampset from the Summer Mini catalogue.
Here’s how I made my card :
1. I stamped the cages in Versa Mark on a piece of Sahara Sand card stock and embossed them with White embossing powder.
2. Next I stamped the birdies inside the cages (isn’t that owl the cutest?). Don’t worry about getting ink on the white embossing…..it will rub off (I found it easier to get the placement of the birds right if I did it this way around).
3. Next I punch out a piece of Rose Red card stock with the Scallop Trim Border Punch and adhered it to the side with Glue Dots.
4. I then mounted to entire piece onto an A5 sized Sahara Sand card folded in half (normal card size) with Dimensionals.
5. Lastly I stamped a greeting from Teeny Tiny sentiments, punched it out with the Word Window punch, punched a piece of Rose Red card stock with the Modern Label put a brad through the left hand end and adhered it to the card with Glue Dots.
Stamps : Aviary stampset ($44.95 woodmount, $35.95 clear mount), Teeny Tiny Sentiments.
Ink : Rose Red, Rich Razzleberry, Bravo Burgundy, Versa Mark ink pads.
Paper : Sahara Sand, Rose Red and Whisper White cardstock
Accessories : Antique Brad, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Powder Pals, Embossing Buddy, White embossing powder, Heat Tool, Paper Piercing tool, Mat Pack, Glue Dots, Dimensionals.
I hope you get the chance to create over this New Year period……as always if you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave a comment for this post or email me directly :).